136 Incredible Questions of the Day for Work
If you’ve found yourself wanting to infuse a little extra fun and energy into your conversations with your colleagues, it’s time to mix things up. Try out one of these awesome questions of the day for work.
Updated: January 16, 2024
When you see your colleagues every day, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if you run low on new things to talk about. And that’s what makes questions of the day such a fun and interesting way to mix things up.
Whether you make it a morning routine or an afternoon ritual, asking your colleagues questions of the day will make your daily banter a little more insightful and energetic.
Whether you want to ask a question that’s fun and quirky or fascinating and thought-provoking, you’ll find it in our comprehensive list of 136 questions of the day for work.
Check them out.
Personal Questions of the Day
- What did you make or eat for dinner last night?
- What’s the best thing you’ve got going on in your life at the moment?
- In the seconds before you die, you are allowed to know everyone who was secretly in love with you at some point. Do you want to know?
- In 10 years’ time, will you be proud of what you are doing now?
- What does your inner voice tell you?
- What do you need to stop doing to make space for bigger changes?
- What have you done recently to overcome one of your fears?
- What do you fear?
- What’s the most courageous thing you have ever done?
- What are your strongest beliefs?
- What’s the dialogue you really need to have but haven’t had so far?
- If money were no object, how would you spend one year traveling the world?
- If all options were available to you, would you rather walk, drive, take public transportation, bike, or use another method of transportation to work?
- What do you look forward to during your day?
- What’s the most memorable (good or bad!) date you have been on?
- Do you like to sleep on a soft or firm mattress? Why?
- What’s something about “being an adult” that was surprising to learn?
- What was your favorite stuffed animal growing up?
- What’s the best concert you’ve ever attended?
- Whom do you most admire?
- How do you define your personal style?
- What do you need help with most often?
- What’s something that no one knows about you?
- What kind of challenges are you facing these days?
- What do you miss most about your childhood?
- When was the last time you were lost?
- What book had the most significant impact on you?
- What unethical experiment would have the biggest positive impact on society as a whole?
- When are you most creative?
- What thoughts come to mind when you are relaxed?
- What’s missing in your life?
- Is there anything you want to say to your loved ones but haven’t said enough?
- When are you most receptive to critical feedback?
- What messages are you refusing to hear?
- What could you do to make it easier to accept feedback?
- How could you achieve more by doing just half as much?
- If you can complete one important task this week, what would that be?
- What is important but not urgent on your to-do list?
- What’s the number one thing you want to achieve?
- What’s something that you would really hate to lose?
- Whom are you trying to avoid being like?
Q&A Style Questions of the Day
Q: According to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, what is “the answer to life, the universe, and everything?”
Q: What’s cooler than being cool?
A: Ice cold!
Q: Who run the world?
Q: Fill in the blank: The Bills make me wanna__?
Q: Why is a raven like a writing desk?
A: Because both can produce a few notes –Lewis Carroll OR Because Poe wrote on both –Sam Loyd
Q: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
A: 1, 2, *crunch* 3
Trivia Questions of the Day (11)
Q: Who was the first American woman to win a Nobel prize?
A: Jane Addams. “The Nobel Peace Prize 1931 was awarded jointly to Jane Addams and Nicholas Murray Butler ‘for their assiduous effort to revive the ideal of peace and to rekindle the spirit of peace in their own nation and in the whole of mankind.’”
Q: What is the national animal of Scotland?
A: The Unicorn
Q: Who played park owner John Hammond in Jurassic Park?
A: Richard Attenborough
Q: In what 1976 thriller does Robert De Niro famously say, “You talkin’ to me?”
A: Taxi Driver
Q: Why are flamingos pink?
A: Carotenoids. “Many plants produce natural red, yellow or orange pigments, called carotenoids. Carotenoids give carrots their orange color or turn ripe tomatoes red. They are also found in the microscopic algae that brine shrimp eat. As a flamingo dines on algae and brine shrimp, its body metabolizes the pigments — turning its feathers pink.”
Q: On average, how far away is the moon from Earth?
A: 238,855 miles/384,400 kilometers
Q: Who was the first baseball player to appear on a Wheaties box?
A: Lou Gehrig
Q: What is the only country to have played in every single soccer World Cup?
Q: In motor racing, what color is the flag they wave to indicate the winner?
A: Checkered Flag
Q: How many current NFL teams have NEVER won a Superbowl?
A: 12. The Houston Texans, The Carolina Panthers, The Detroit Lions, The Atlanta Falcons, The Cincinnati Bengals, The Jacksonville Jaguars, The Los Angeles Chargers, The Minnesota Vikings, The Arizona Cardinals, The Tennessee Titans, The Cleveland Browns, and The Buffalo Bills.
Q: It’s a common misconception that what man-made structure can be seen from the Moon?
A: The Great Wall of China. Under very favorable conditions, you can see parts of the wall from low Earth orbit, but you definitely cannot see it from the moon without some technological help.”
For even more questions of the day like this, check out our full list of 285+ trivia questions and answers.
Profound and Meaningful Questions of the Day
- What historical event would you like to have been present at or alive to experience?
- Which teacher had the most impact, positive or negative, on your life?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life?
- What is your favorite memory of your childhood best friend?
- Where do you like to spend time alone?
- What do you want to be known for?
- Do you think that children born today will have better or worse lives than their parents?
- What makes you feel most fulfilled?
- What self-limiting beliefs do you have?
- What do you need to change to become the person you want?
- What habits do you have that you would like to replace?
- What problem are you running away from?
- How would you want your loved ones to remember you when you are gone?
- Do you think that humans will ever be able to live together in harmony?
- In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife, what would you want to be buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife?
- What was the biggest realization you had about yourself?
- What’s the most physically painful thing you’ve ever experienced?
- What were you completely certain of until you found out you were wrong?
- What goal do you think humanity is not focused enough on achieving?
- Who do you admire most in your life?
- If you could change two things about the world, what would you change?
- If you were offered the chance to feel happy all of the time, would you take it?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Do you think it is better or worse for people to know whether they have the genetic marker for a debilitating disease?
- How do you define friendship?
- One of your favorite artists made a statement you strongly disagree with. Do you still engage with their work? Do you think artists should be separated from their art?
- What endangered animal would you most like to save?
- What one thing would you like to change about yourself?
Questions of the Day for People You’ve Just Met
- What is your current passion project?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- What kind of music are you into?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your claim to fame?
- Who is one of your favorite celebrity role models?
- What is your dream job?
- How did you find out about [current place/event]?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What do you like to learn about?
- What has been the highlight of this past week?
- What has been the highlight of your year?
- Have you read any intriguing books lately?
- What’s your current favorite TV show/movie?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- What is your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
- Where did you grow up?
- How long have you lived in [city]?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Where is your favorite restaurant around here?
- How do you take your coffee or tea?
- If you could be any type of dog, what breed would you be and why?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to learn?
- What is your biggest regret?
- If you could trade places with anyone for a week, who would it be?
- What fictional character do you most relate to?
- What do you daydream about?
If you’d like more questions that help you get to know people on a deeper level, read through our list of 400+ team building icebreaker questions.
Questions of the Day About People’s Favorite Things
- What is your favorite book? Why?
- What is your favorite movie? Why?
- What is your favorite subject? Why?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Why?
- Where is your favorite place in the world? Why?
- What is your favorite part of where you live? Why?
- What is your favorite sport to play or watch? Why?
- What is your favorite game to play with friends? Why?
- What is your favorite type of weather (or season)? Why?
- Think about the teacher who has been your favorite so far. Why?
- What are your family’s favorite pastimes? Which ones are your favorite?
- What’s your favorite family tradition for a holiday or other special occasion? Why?
- What is your favorite flavor of chips? Why?
- What is your favorite genre of music? Why?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with friends? Why?
Quirky Questions of the Day
- What celebrity voice do you like to imitate?
- Who is the best Disney villain?
- You can only speak by quoting one movie. What movie do you choose?
- An alien spaceship has crash-landed in your backyard! What do you do first?
- Cotton Eyed Joe, where did he come from? Where did he go?
- Would you rather be 2 inches tall or 100 ft tall?
- If you could create a holiday, what would you celebrate, and what would the traditions be?
When it comes to getting to know you colleagues better, mixing it up each morning and working in a few questions of the day can make for a fun, engaging, and illuminating conversation.
Do you already ask questions of the day at work? If so, let us know a few of your favorites in the comments section below!
Learn about team building activities to help you engage with your colleagues.
If you’ve got questions about team building activities to help your colleagues socialize and have fun together, reach out to an Employee Engagement Consultant.