A Manager’s Guide to Improving Employee Engagement
Having an engaged workforce can be crucial to your company’s success. As a manager, you can use this free guide to help effectively measure, track, and improve employee engagement within your organization for long-lasting results.
Does your organization have an employee engagement problem? First thing’s first, you’ll need to collect measurable data from your team. Then, you’ll have to evaluate your results and determine why employees aren’t feeling engaged. Next, you’ll want to decide on the best strategies to increase engagement levels within your company.
Sounds like a lot of effort, doesn’t it? Don’t worry! With this guide, created specifically for managers, you’ll have access to tips, expert advice, and insight on:
- How to effectively monitor employee engagement
- Common engagement issues and ways to solve them
- How Outback was able to drastically improve its eNPS
- Ways large companies around the world maintain high engagement
- What it means to engage Millennials within your organization
- Long-term strategies to keep your employees satisfied at your company
“We need to obviously make sure that we are getting what we need from employees, but we also need to make sure they are getting what they need from us as an employer.”
– Olivia Jackson, HR Generalist at Outback Team Building & Training
Continue reading for a complete list of resources to help you better engage employees, or download your free PDF version of A Manager’s Guide to Improving Employee Engagement.
Table of Contents
How Engaged Is Your Team?
If you’re not sure how to determine engagement levels at your company, this resource can help you better understand how to collect and calculate measurable data.
- Why Employee Engagement Matters & How You Can Track It – A news article explaining how effectively tracking employee engagement can play a crucial role in your company’s bottom line
Effective Ways to Improve Employee Engagement
Have you discovered that employees are feeling dissatisfied with their role and your organization? In this section, you’ll find different strategies to help you increase employee happiness at work.
- Simple Strategies to Solve 3 Major Employee Engagement Issues – A news article outlining three common employee engagement issues that are often overlooked, and how you can fix them
- How Outback Improved Employee Engagement by Over 100% in One Year – A case study looking at how Outback’s leadership team increased our employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) by more than 65 in under 12 months
- How Fortune 500 Companies Engage Their Employees – A news article with insight on how some of the most successful businesses around the world build employee engagement
- Active Employee Engagement – A skill development program that teaches your team the top strategies and tactics to help drive employee engagement within your organization
- How Do You Engage Millennials in the Workplace? – A podcast episode with insight and employee engagement tips from Outback’s Lead Skill Development Facilitator, Lyndon Friesen
Engaging Employees for the Long Haul
Once you’ve determined how to improve engagement, there’s still work to be done! This resource can help you come up with a sustainable plan to keep your team interested in the work they’re doing.
- 5 Things You Should Be Doing to Keep Long-Term Employees Engaged – A news article offering five “big picture” things you should be doing to keep your long-term employees feeling fulfilled and focused
Download Your Free Guide
Don’t forget you can also download your free copy of A Manager’s Guide to Improving Employee Engagement for an all-in-one PDF version of the above resources. The 25-page guide provides complete instructions on monitoring employee data, the top five engagement issues, straightforward solutions, as well as expert tips and advice.
You can also get in touch with an Employee Engagement Consultant today to learn how our team can help you successfully drive engagement within your organization.