Outback Team Building & Training’s Marketing team is looking for a Senior Marketing Copywriter to be the driving force behind our acquisition strategy. This exciting role is responsible for the development of the monthly content calendar and the performance management of the Junior Marketing Copywriter, as well as writing timely, relevant, online content, including our news articles, product pages, landing pages, blogs, white papers, social media content and press releases.
Helping our customers fully understand our business, our brand, our products and our people, they don’t just write the copy – they create the content! Therefore, they will have expert-level knowledge of our team building, training and development, coaching and consulting offerings.
Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Coordinator, the Senior Marketing Copywriter is also an expert in online marketing, especially SEO and online advertising. Understanding the principles of e-marketing, public relations and writing technical “how to” documents when needed, they will play an integral role of our high-performance Marketing team.
- Developing and managing a content distribution plan, including: blog posts, white papers, website content, e-mail marketing communications and more
- Conducting the performance management of other copywriting team members
- Researching, writing and editing clear and concise marketing copy for online, print and email
- Ensuring consistent application of brand tone across all mediums and brands
- Writing engine optimized content for the web, using keywords and phrases
- Reporting weekly to Director of Marketing on the progress of content distribution plan
- Developing a strong understanding of our customers, products and organization
- Staying current with industry best practices and implementing strategies to increase inquiries received
- Developing guidelines to ensure consistency across all marketing communications
- Ensuring quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Uncover new opportunities and best practices for fresh content
Skills, Qualities, and Experience:
- A minimum of three to five years of experience as a marketing copywriter
- Experience creating, managing and executing content plans
- A diploma or a degree in marketing communications
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and a demonstrated ability to adapt writing style for different audiences
- Ability to translate messages into copy
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of SEO best practices and techniques
- Experience creating targeted marketing emails and creating whitepapers, guides and e-books
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Focused on meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Leadership experience is an asset, but not required
- Experience with HubSpot or any Marketing Automation Platform is an asset, but not required
- Basic video editing skills are an asset, but not required
- At least 40 hours per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (flexible)
Who We're Looking For…
Have you ever heard of A-Players? They are the kind of people who always work hard and strive for success. They like to be surrounded by others like them who are passionate, hardworking, and take pride in everything they do. They aim to be the very best they can be every single day. Our A-Players all align with our core values.
Our successful candidates go to great lengths to learn about who we are and what we do. If all of this resonates with you, and you truly believe that you have what it takes to stand out from all the other candidates, then we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to receiving your application!