Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Schedule Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week between 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m; shifts to be determined
Join our dedicated support team today! We strive for customer service excellence, and have developed a team committed to improving their skills while enjoying a challenging and rewarding career in a work hard, play hard environment.
What we do…
We are industry leaders in innovative corporate team building activities, employee engagement programs, group training, entertainment activities, and educational workshops. We operate all across North America and cater to groups of all sizes, dynamics, ability and location. We work with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and other large organizations to provide solutions that improve their employee experience through team building and development activities.
More about the role…
The administrative assistant helps make our organization run smoothly by assisting with office administration, customer support, and other daily operations. A typical day can include organizing a company meeting, ordering office supplies, changing the ink in the printer, entering data, and answering customer calls.
Life is never dull or boring for the support team. Reporting into the customer support manager, the team of support assistants and support coordinators work together to ensure our business runs smoothly and efficiently. The team prides themselves on achieving their fast turnaround times, and going the extra mile for their customers and colleagues.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated to deliver results to time and company standards. Previous administrative experience is an asset.
- Serving as the first point of contact for customer inquiries and filtering them to our sales team for fast attention.
- Database management, ensuring our customer records are updated, organized, and maintained properly in our CRM system.
- Providing assistance to the support team by being a team player and assisting with work overflow.
- Ongoing administrative support for the sales, events, and marketing teams. For example, registering vendor forms, event preparation, and assembling customer mail packages.
- Bookkeeping duties such as receiving payments, preparing invoices and receipts, and updating information using QuickBooks.
- Answering the phone and transferring calls, taking messages, and responding to requests from customers.
- Work with our IT Service Provider to track and manage IT items across the office
- Assisting in the preparation, distribution, ordering, and tracking of all our incoming and outgoing mail, team building, and office supplies.
- Updating spreadsheets, amending and maintaining internal and external documents, data entry, reconciling invoices, photocopying, and other general office duties.
- Drafting and sending out memos, updating schedules, booking meetings, calendar management, taking minutes, and sending out reminders.
- Supervision of office orderliness, stationary, office supplies, recycling, and maintenance of printers and related supplies. This can include refilling soap dispensers and washroom supplies, tidying the kitchen area, and taking out garbage and recycling.
Skills, qualities, and experiences:
- Eagerness to learn, team player with a proactive “can do” attitude is a must
- Excellent planning and organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner and strong customer service skills
- Fully proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and strong IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines