The Administrative Assistant plays a key role in making our organization run smoothly, by assisting with office administration, customer support and Outback’s daily operations!
A typical day in this exciting role can range from organizing a company meeting, ordering office supplies, changing the ink in the printer, entering data, and answering customer calls, to working on a variety of special projects. If you’re looking to gain valuable administrative and office experience, this is a great skill development role!
Our customer Support team works together to ensure our business runs efficiently. The team prides themselves on achieving their fast turnaround times and going the extra mile for their customers and colleagues.
- The first point of contact for customer inquiries and coordinating with our Sales team to ensure fast, top-quality customer service
- Managing our database to ensure that our customer records are updated, organized, and maintained accurately
- Providing assistance to the Support team by being a team-player and assisting with work overflow on a variety of tasks
- Supporting with ongoing cross-functional administrative duties
- Bookkeeping duties, such as receiving payments, preparing invoices and receipts, and updating information using QuickBooks
- Answering and transferring calls, taking messages, and responding to requests from customers
- Assisting the Director of Customer Experience with a variety of office projects, including researching best solutions and coordinating to completion
- Working with our IT Service Provider to track and manage IT items across the office
- Assisting in the preparation, distribution, ordering, and tracking of all our incoming and outgoing mail, team building, and office supplies
- Updating spreadsheets, amending and maintaining internal and external documents, data entry, filing, photocopying, and other general office duties
- Drafting and distributing memos, updating schedules, booking meetings, taking minutes, and sending out reminders
- Supervision of office orderliness, stationary, office supplies, recycling, and maintenance of printers and related supplies
Skills, Qualities, and Experience
- Eagerness to learn, team player with a proactive “can do” attitude is a must
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner and strong customer service skills
- Fully proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and strong IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines
- Enjoy the beautiful views from our bright, contemporary office, complete with flexible workstations and stand-up desks
- Our office is located in beautiful North Vancouver, a 5-minute walk from the shops and restaurants at Lonsdale Quay and surrounded with free parking
- Fantastic company culture, with team outings and activities throughout the year
- Medical and dental benefit coverage, annual performance bonus, RRSP matching scheme and 5 paid personal days
- Fun perks, including our office snack bar, birthday lunches, $100 yearly fitness allowance, $100 yearly allowance to step out of your comfort zone
- Our annual company retreat and more!
- 40 hours per week, between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Exact schedule to be confirmed
Who we're looking for…
Have you ever heard of A-Players? They are the kind of people who always work hard and strive for success. They like to be surrounded by others like them who are passionate, hardworking, and take pride in everything they do. They aim to be the very best they can be every single day. Our A-Players all align with our core values.
Our successful candidates go to great lengths to learn about who we are and what we do. If all of this resonates with you, and you truly believe that you have what it takes to stand out from all the other candidates, then we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to receiving your application!